Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Midweek Fashion Find:Steve Madden and Mantsho


The Apprentice SA co-winner and businesswoman Zanele Batyashe once told me that when she's wearing a killer pair of heels, she feels like she can take over the world. This morning, after attending the breakfast launch for American shoe brand Steve Madden at the Melrose Arch hotel, and receiving a stunning pair of closed high heel pat leather pumps, I found myself totally agreeing with her. Though they served us cocktail food which was way too rich to eat mid-morning, the launch was great. Apparently the shoes will retail between R399 - R699 going up the price tier as the brand grows in SA. Still have to find out where they'll be sold, though. True Love fashion ed, Mpumi Ntintili-Sinxoto looking stunning post her maternity as well as O's fashion ed, Primrose Moloantoa who looked effortlessly stylish as usual. It's amazing how many women in the industry are so tired of working for other people and everyone is slowly but surely hustling to do their own thing. I think whether or not all our business ideas succeed, bulldog ambition and hard work towards our dreams can only make us stronger as a generation.



Backtracking to the weekend, I sale hopped with my sister from Newtown (Maria Mc Cloy's earring stand at the Zasekhaya Market) to Rosebank (The Mantsho Winter Sale at Capitol). At both sales, I managed to calm myself down to buying just one or two items - music note shaped copper earrings at Maria's sale and a stunning off-white goddess gown with a rouged bustier and flowing bottom. STUNNING! Palesa (Mantsho creator) gave us a glimpse of her summer range by wearing a tailored tiered bubble-esque skirt with a high waist. I love how she intricately and carefully constructs her clothing that it looks like wearable art and you KNOW no-one else will look like that, so you feel extra gorgeous in a Mantsho outfit. Even if you're not feeling up to the party, her outfit always give you the chic chutzpah you need to work it anywhere. I certainly have my front row seat reserved at her show at Sanlam Fashion Week in August.

No comments: